Code of Regulations
The International Council of Kinetography Laban ICKL is organized and is to be operated exclusively for charitable, educational and scientific purposes which shall include, but not be limited to:
- (a) guiding the unified development of Labanotation/Kinetography Laban “the Laban system” of movement notation;
- (b) acting as the deciding body with regard to the orthography and encouraging consistent standards of practice within the system, including coordinating collaboration among organizations using the system;
- (c) promoting research into matters of notation which are likely to increase the efficiency and international usage of the system;
- (d) disseminating information about the Laban system to all interested persons;
- (e) The Council shall encourage and receive gifts and grants to the Council to assist it in promoting research and the dissemination of information concerning the Laban system of notation. The Council shall collaborate with centers of study using the system and with other bodies or individuals having related interest in research or dissemination.
Download the ICKL_code [PDF format – 36 ko]
The Council shall maintain a document of By-Laws which shall serve to explain the Articles of the Code of Regulations and to specify working procedures of the Council.
Download the ICKL_bylaws [PDF format – 20 ko]